Monday, April 02, 2007

The Trials and Tribulations of a Brewers Fan

This what I wrote on opening day a year ago:
While last year the goal was mediocrity, this year the expectations are a bit higher. Some are saying playoffs, but I’m just hoping they're still in legitimate playoff contention in August and September. I say 85-90 victories for the year sounds about right.
75 victories later, the Brewers season was over.

I'll keep my predictions to myself this time around. But this is the first year I'm trying my hand at fantasy baseball -- I've been in fantasy football for the past four years -- and my Week 1 starting line-up makes it pretty clear who I at least hope will do well:

C - Johnny Estrada
1B - Prince Fielder
2B - Brandon Phillips (I just missed Weeks in the draft)
3B - Alex Gordon (I had Koskie but dropped him)
SS - Bill Hall (CBS Sportsline still has him at short)
RF - Michael Cuddyer
LF - Hideki Matsui
CF - Gary Matthews (got steroids?)
SP - Chris Capuano
SP - Dave Bush
SP - Tom Glavine
SP - Derek Lowe
SP - Daisuke Matsuzaka
RP - Mariano Rivera
RP - Armando Benitez

I also have Suppan and Turnbow on my bench to start.

As my roommate in college put it, there's nothing more prevalent at the start of a season than the cool confidence of an uninformed fan.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home