Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Blog Break

I've got nothing this morning.

As a state employee, I can't blog from work (the whole using state resources for political speech thing). So I usually spend 6:00am to 7:30am, or so, scrambling around for something to write about before work. If I can't find anything, like today, I usually try to just keep my mouth shut, although I do admit to occasionally regurgitating bland ideas and thoughts just to get something out there.

But not this morning. Since I can find nothing to write about, I'm just going to call today the first day of my Christmas blog break. Barring anything astounding happening later today or tomorrow, I'll be back next Wednesday or so.

As my present to all of you, here's perhaps the greatest monologue in Christmas movie history:

7 Comments:

Blogger James Wigderson said...

geez Scrooge. Not a fan of Christmas? or your boss?

December 21, 2006  
Blogger Seth Zlotocha said...

Scrooge? I didn't intend to seem spiteful. I actually like Christmas and my job very much.

If anything, it's this blog the draws my spite. Not always, but sometimes it's a real drag to feel like you need to get something out to keep readership up. Gradually over the past few months, I've noticed myself caring less and less about my readership levels (not to be confused with caring about my readers)...which is probably why I've seen a drop in readership over the past few months (with the exception of November, which I suspect has the most to do with the first week of that month when everyone was all about the election). It's definitely a love-hate relationship. But, as long as there's enough love, I'll probably keep it up.

December 21, 2006  
Blogger Michael J. Mathias said...

I love you, man--and I feel your pain about topics lately. Oh, and if a bill is introduced, to let state employees blog from work, I will support it.

December 21, 2006  
Blogger Seth Zlotocha said...

Thanks, Michael. I appreciate the encouragement.

December 21, 2006  
Blogger whatsleftwi said...

I hope you keep doing this too. Few people take the time to really get into topics like you do. You always do your research and it's very helpful to our side.

But blogs are a lot of work so I understand the frustration.

Take a break, but please come back!

December 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, come back. Don't worry about readership; write for yourself, your topics are such that readers will come.

And Happy Holidays.

December 25, 2006  
Blogger Seth Zlotocha said...

I appreciate the support, Carrie and Dean. I think I will stick it out, hopefully through at least one more election cycle.

And, Carrie, best of luck in your return to the Capitol. You'll certainly be missed in the Cheddarsphere.

December 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home