Wednesday, May 03, 2006

What's the Age Minimum for a State Legislator?

Think before you act. It's not just a lesson for children anymore.

Senate Majority Leader Dale Schultz (R-Richland Center): "Legislators are fighting very hard for things they believe in. They do some things sometimes that, if they thought about, I don't think they would do."

But if you read this article in today's Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, perhaps you could come to the conclusion that some of our state senators are children.

Senate President Alan Lasee (R-De Pere) on sending a bill to a variety of committees in order to find one it would pass: "I didn't break any rules. It's my bill. I'm the president."

And here's Lasee on a judicial ruling banning the use of paper ballots for legislative decisions: "We've paper-balloted for the last 30 years I've been here. That judge is a Froot Loop."

I think some time-outs are in order. And the senate president is lucky I don't believe in spanking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home